Thursday, June 26, 2008

Zombies!


I normally have this unusual obsession with things that I'm scared of. I have always been terrified of zombies (yeah you can laugh here) but that never stopped me from watching zombie flicks, sometimes even alone just for the thrill of it, though recently I have sort of sworn off horror movies for some reason I can't remember. hmmmm.....

Anyway recently I saw this weird movie on HBO. The starting of it is curious. It had me guessing what genre the movie was. Was it a kids movie or was it a zombie flick. You can't tell... The movie was full of bright colors, quirky characters and whimsical background music. And yet there were flesh eating gory zombies running around everywhere.

I asked myself dare I watch this. I kept thinking of switching to another channel but I was already hooked. In the movie there is a boy and his family hires a zombie to do their housework. Yea, housework. Anyhoo the boy is at first skeptical about how safe the whole thing is (understandably) but later establishes a friendship with the decaying help.

By now I'm expecting the zombie to goble up the boy any time now. Didn't happen. Then I expected the zombie to goble up the boy's mom. Didn't happen. The boy's dad. That didn't happen either. By now I had sighed in relief that there would be no gobling of anyone in this movie. But then to my utter horror the zombie eats the boy's neighbor, old Mrs. Handerson. She in turn changes into a zombie and attacks someone else.... You get my drift by now I suppose.

I think the movie was actually pretty good. There are some squirmy parts like zombie kissing (eeech) but I'd still give it 4/5. By the way the movie is called 'Fido'. Check out the trailer.

Simmering pick and pluck
Tenderize bone to dust
The sweetest grease, finest meat you'll ever taste

So you scream, whine, and yell
Supple sounds of dinner bell
We all will feed the worms and trees So don't be shy

Swallow and chew
Eat you alive
All of us food, that hasn't died

... mosquito song by Queens of the Stone Age

8 comments:

.mini said...

hehe
but zombies do not exist right?
so don't be afraid!
although watching horror movies alone is quite fun, i also get scared easily

paperclippenny said...

heheh i do know they don't exist but that doesn't stop me from being scared to death (errm...no pun intended). I can't explain it myself.

Watching scary movie is a thrill but i always regret it when i wake up later at midnight.

mode said...

im really in doubt now.you have so much interest in zombies, vampires....!
*thinking n then screams in horror*

paperclippenny said...

hehehe i also have other abnormal obsessions... i believe everyone does

AzMyst said...

Abnormal obsessions, bah! You just get scared over silly things. Don't dramatize it. heheh

paperclippenny said...

actually i was thinking of along the lines of a certain heiress

SoE said...

uh..zombies always make for a good movie don't they? classic.

paperclippenny said...

hehehehe scary as they seem they r good entertainment.