Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Gentlemen


The Gentlemen, my muse and the only characters on Buffy that really gave me nightmares. Yup they did! I swear I still wake up in the middle of the night thinking that they are standing beside my bed silently leering down on me. Apart from their evil grins, it's the fact they float around the streets gesturing to one another as if they are in deep conversation even though they make no noise whatsoever. And oh they are after our hearts and they have a box that'll take away your voice, so however hard you try to scream no one will ever hear you as the Gentlemen carves out your heart.

The Gentlemen are best described as humanoid, fanged, clawed, bald, pale, always smiling, mute and wear black suits.

5 comments:

AzMyst said...

That was probably the best Buffy episode ever! It was ultra-creepy. I liked the fact that almost the whole episode was done without any voices.

Joss Whedon has a new TV series on the way. It's called Dollhouse. Should be good.

Afu Latheef said...

i agree. gave me the creeps. *shudder*

paperclippenny said...

heheh before this episode I thought buffy was just a fluffy series for teenagers.
'The Gentlemen' made me sit up straight and take notice. Sadly creepiness like this are not created often

SoE said...

I'm not really a buffy fan but this here sounds like and interesting bunch. Sad I missed it.

paperclippenny said...

heheh i saw this years ago... You could always download it.