Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fuzz Bucket


My friend calls me one day and asks me whether I'd like to adopt a new kitten. I patiently told her that I've reached my limit of one pet (my mom's rule). Anyway during work break I raced off to her house to see the new family member.

Let me first say that her house is full of all sorts of animals. They have two eagles, couple of birds, loadsa fishes. They also kept a couple of bunnies, snakes and chicks in the past. But when it comes to cats, her mom put her foot down on it. And oh yeah while I was there playing with the new kitten, her bro's tried to sneak in a white mouse and promptly got busted. Luckily instead of bursting a nerve my friend's mom just shook her head and sighed.

Anyhoo, the new kitten. He's soo adorable and very well behaved too. Since my friend's mom was threatening to have it thrown out on the streets I decided to adopt it temporarily till a proper home was found. Two days later I still have no luck and I'm running out of excuses to keep my mom from getting frustrated. Help!!!

7 comments:

Ruba said...

That cat is adorable... I'd take it in a second except my mumsy is scared stiff of cats.

Also, I think my turtle would get jealous Oo

paperclippenny said...

aww jealousy is the problem in home also...only it's my other cat gummy who's jealous

Afu Latheef said...

hey paperclippenny, i could adopt. but i need the approval from some ppl first. i know, you're prolly thinking, do i dare give up this adorable fuzzball to this unstable neurotic trainwreck of a woman? have no fear. i had a cat for two years before and i'm absolutely crazy, CRAZY (in a good way) about cats. so if you haven't given him up for adoption, i could try work some magic at home and take him off your hands ok?

SoE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SoE said...

oh so kyooot! Me wants! unfortunately my DAD doesn't want one in the house after the last one (she died.. *sniff*)

paperclippenny said...

@fruityloops: awww i would've given it to you but my mom had already given it to a couple friend of hers. I was at work when the kitten was taken away. *sniff*

Last I heard they are feeding the little guy everything they could get their hands on.

Don't worry next time we run across a kitten your the first to know

@soe: It's sad isn't it! It terrifies me to think how my cat could one day be gone... :(

Shaari said...

i love that fella! & it's got my fav colour combo on cats. *a mild squeeze*